Business Development Manager
About the role
We have an exciting mission at Songkick, in this role you'll help execute the company's strategy, reporting to the Commercial Director. Day-to-day, you’ll build partnerships spanning the music & technology sectors which help achieve our vision.
This isn't just incremental; you'll develop creative, value-building and industry-changing opportunities, working closely with our diverse, talented, music-loving team.
A sense of shared ownership is key to our success, you'll help our team understand the what, the how and why, and find ways to spread your passion for our revenue goals. You’ll be working with the Product, Tech & Marketing team to bring Songkick B2B tools to the industry and help our wide range of partners extract maximum value from the platform.
We are a data driven team, and you'll bring the same mentality to our ticketing deals and marketing business: modelling opportunities, ensuring we have actionable reporting, and setting metrics for Songkick's and our partners' success.
Songkick is committed to supporting the return of the global Live Music Industry, it’s an incredible time to be part of it. Do you care about fans seeing awesome live shows? Would you enjoy helping shape the future of Live Music for Artists ?
Come and talk to us, we've already started.
- Work with the Commercial team to ensure that Songkick achieves its revenue objectives and delivers against business plans/targets for ticketing and partner deals
- Identify, structure and negotiate strategic deals that drive Songkick’s commercial growth and vision globally, managing a pipeline of prospective partnerships across the suite of Songkick tools
- Managing relationships with multinational partners in the live sector, e.g. talent agents, promoters, ticketing companies
- Cultivate an in-depth understanding of competitors, ticketing market trends and Songkick product development to continually evolve business planning and sales narrative
- Forecast, measure, and report the results of commercial projects and deals
- Drive successful experiences for our partners with an emphasis on strategic planning, commercial delivery and analytical decision making
- Work closely with cross-functional teams driving towards deal objectives
- Proven experience of business development and/or sales working with ticketing, music technology companies
- Successfully closed deals and managed complex partnerships, demonstrating an ability to think strategically about business issues
- Demonstrable cross-border knowledge of the live music sector, you know the players internationally
- Strong facility for negotiating contracts, interpreting legal documents, and working with lawyers to complete agreements
- Proven experience of working in a dynamic, ever-changing, environment with a track record of results and a collaborative mindset
- Exceptional influencing skills, you can communicate cross-functionally to influence outcomes
- Strategic thinker with a problem solving mindset. You pay attention to detail and have the ability to see the end game of each business opportunity
- A demonstrated track record of self motivated performance and perseverance – you take the initiative and stay motivated for the long term win
- You’re willing to travel within the USA & Europe for work
- A good understanding of the recorded music industry, especially on the distribution side (e.g. streaming services)
- Proven experience working on brand partnerships and digital advertising
- Time at a startup or fast-growing business, where change is constant and company culture is a genuine priority